Tips on How to Increase the Water Pressure
Water pressure is the strength of the flow of water traveling through a homes water pipe. The more water that is pushed through a pipe, the greater the pressure. Anyone who has had the trouble of low pressure knows how frustrating the experience can be. Low pressure can result in poor toilet flushing, terrible showers, inability to wash clothing, and poor rinsing of the dishes. Fortunately, for those who have low pressure, there are things you can do to increase the pressure. Listed below are a number of tips to increase the pressure in a home. Van bi điều khiển khí nén
- The first thing you should do is find out what is causing the water pressure problem. Check to see if it is a plumbing problem. Check the pipes for any leaks or obstructions. If you find a problem that requires expertise in plumbing repairs, you should enlist the services of a professional plumber.
- If low water pressure is only taking place in one spot such as the sink or toilet, you can take steps to resolve the problem. For instance, the plumbing system may have a clog which may require plunging. A kitchen water pipe may also be clogged which may require plunging or a drain cleaner. As well, the aerator on the end of the sink faucet may have sediment accumulation so it may have to removed and cleaned. Inside the faucet head you will find a small screen called the aerator. Once you have cleaned and reinserted it, test the water flow. For a shower, it may just mean the shower head needs to be cleaned or replaced to increase the water pressure.
- Another method to increase the water strength throughout the home is to use a device called a water pressure booster system. It is basically another water pump that is designed to help the original water pump increase the velocity coming into the home. This pump will be positioned near where the water line enters your home, then fills with water, and then fills partially with air to maintain level pressure in the water pipe.
- To check the pressure, you can check the gauge on the water pump when the pump is running. It should be registering at around 35 psi. If the psi is low, you can increase the pressure by recalibrating the water pump. As well, you can install a pressure tank and check valve to help raise and maintain water pressure.
- One way to get rid of sentiment build up throughout the water line is to check the valve at the front of the home which is normally located where the water pipe enters the home. You should see a valve that looks like a wagon wheel on the water line that goes into the home. Turn this valve a half turn clockwise to partially close it, and then turn it all the way counterclockwise to open it up to allow water to run through it. The rush of water should loosen and remove accumulated sediment which will restore water flow allowing the pressure to increase. It is important to note that you may or may not have this pressure reducing valve. As well, you can leave sink faucet open, and quickly rotate the wagon wheel valve open and closed several times to help loosen and push through accumulated sentiment.